Housing Injustices



I am exercising my rights under 24 CFR 982.456; a tenant who formerly lived on Cinnamon Run properties. I endured harassment and duress while I exercise my rights against the landlord's fabrication. In addition, violated HUD's rules by charging me extra rent and fabricated on documents (court) that I breach my lease. I have valid proof of these immoral acts that was maliciously intended to harass me because I complained about my living conditions. The landlord wants me to pay his legal fees because I filed a court case against these oppressive actions.

A HAP contract was signed by the landlord, PHA and I in regards to the (24 CFR 982) federal rules and regulations. I have a right to exercise my rights without fear and intimidation tactics.


Saturday, May 4

This is what they call "FAIR HOUSING" in Montgomery County?


The same management who oversees Cinnamon Run
Apartments is the same management at Pepper
tree Farms Apartments. 

No one has a conscience but will "lie" to defend
that people should live this way.  Have an 
issue to interact with all kinds of people?

These are the reviews you need to read before
you move in. MD Fair Housing, Landlord and 
Tenant Affairs, HOC and the Courts support these 
apartments and I believe that they don't care 
about the people who lives there. MCPD officers
warn me about living there! I had to get a camera 
to protect my property and apartment
couldn't keep maintenance out of my house!
Maybe because it's about the "revenue"$$$$$$! 

I was "lied" against because I complained of criminal
behavior, housing conditions and harassed because
I complained.

Check out why the tenants are treated this way? 
Maybe Because....
* Income classification?
* See who are the residents that live here - 
Race classification?
* Subsidized Residents, senior citizens 
or barely moderate income?


Is that why they protect the landlord?
People deserve to live like this?
What happen to integrity? Not important anymore?

Here's one person who wrote an review below:

From: -Anonymous-
Date posted: 1/27/2013
Years at this apartment: 2013 - 2013
User Response is available. 4 responses 
 
Peppertree farm, 2013. Still a NO.

Lived here for about 2 years.

I was tricked to stay another year because i asked to transfer apartments (charged me $500 transfer fee) and they said I was obligated to renew contract.

***Noise: a lot of it due to thin walls and sealing. You hear people walking because the sealing wood cracks every step (really annoying at 2:00 AM). I cannot say this enough, there is a lot of noise from the sealing just from people simply walking (if kids run, its 10 times worst or if something is dropped). You also hear them talking (clearly) and when the bed shakes at night. I honestly don't blame the people above us because they are just walking. it's the apartments complex itself that sucks. The drain pipes make a loud hissing sound as well as the laundry pipes. 

-Utility: you pay all utility including water (it gets expensive), sewers, heat/AC, gas and electric , etc

-Office Staff: unprofessional, condescending and arrogant. (they lie to your face). They shut off water supply without notice. 

-Managers: Racist, unprofessional, they also lie to your face too.

-Parking (free): Cannot find a spot next to your apartment after 6 PM ( long walk back to apt)

-There is mold on walls.

-Play ground: Meant for 1-6 year old but kids age 13 and up hang around there in large groups.

These are the pests to expect INSIDE your apartment (from personal experience). We kept the place clean as can be. I even bought spider spray, mice tapes, and roach killer a few times from my own money.

Expect to see:
-Mice: (a lot of them come out at night like they own the place). Big mice tapes don't work on them, they eat the bait and escape most of the time. 
-Roaches: Roach killer works for 2-3 weeks then they come back
-Crickets ( a lot of them), not sure how they keep coming in. Woke us up a few times at night because they were cricking in the room. 
-Slugs: They enter through the heat/AC door.(basement apartments)
-Spiders ( a lot, depending on season)
-Scorpions looking yellow bug with many legs on it
-Mosquitoes 

Safety was never an issue for us. Except that 1 time around 7/2012 when an apartment section was burned down and closed. 

This review was based on living in 2 different sections of peppertree farm.

I don't recommend living here. 

Last updated: 1/27/2013

You can read more on this link below on Apartment ratings:

 http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/MD-Silver-Spring-Peppertree-Farm-Apartments-1585732.html#ixzz2SLD3WOp9